Home » Unity Candles » Paradise and Paradigm: Key Symbols in Persian Christianity and the Baha’i Faith (Studies in the Babi and Baha’i Religions, V. 10)
"The Unіty саnԁle celebration is often part of a wedding сeremоny wһere the particіpants wish to іncluԁe a pubӏic ԁisplaу of tһeir love and ѕentiment. It's a wonԁerful concept and beautifuӏӏy communicates what iѕ reallу һappening right there in front of uѕ. Since the υnitу candӏe іs a symbolic ԁisplay оf a couple's newly formeԁ union it does not take placе until aftеr the repeating of the νows and thе exchange оf rings; not until the individuals have actυally become a couple. It genегallу is one of thе very lаѕt tһings to happen, just bеfore thе pronouncement and іntroduction."
Paradise and Paradigm: Key Symbols in Persian Christianity and the Baha’i Faith (Studies in the Babi and Baha’i Religions, V. 10)
|Today Best Deals !|
Shop early and save on watch gifts sets for the outdoor enthusiast. Explore an assortment of Wenger Swiss. Deal of the Day:Sterling Silver Diamond Wedding Ring Set (0.499 Cttw, G-H Color, I2-I3 Clarity). . Buy Now >>
- In a novel approach that the author terms “symbolic paradigm analysis,” Paradise and Paradigm offers a “theoretically modular” systematic comparison of two “Persian” religions: early Syriac Christianity as the foundation of the East Syrian “Church of the East” (the Nestorian Church of Persia) and the Baha’i Faith, a new world religion.
- The author compares the hymns of the greatest poet of early Christianity, Saint Ephrem the Syrian, and the richly imagistic writings of the founder of the Baha’i religion, Baha’u'llah.
- The book employs an original analytic technique in the creation of “symbolic profiles” constructed on Ninian Smart’s dimensional model of religion.
- As Buck skillfully demonstrates, formal similarities between any two religions are best comprehended in terms of paradigmatic differences, which nuance all parallels through a process of symbolic transformation.
- Buck also shows the communal reflexivity of paradise imagery in representing the ideal faith-community in both traditions.
Share This Product :
Related Products :
The Knot Complete Guide to Weddings in the Real World: The Ultimate Source of Ideas, Advice, and Relief for the Bride and Groom and Those Who Love Them. Reviewed by admin on . Great products and best selling FEATURED Planning for the big day? Here are the most up-to-date answers to all of your questions in the book from the editors of the acclaimed wedding website, The Knot. Overwhelmed by the countless questions and details your wedding entails? Don’t despair! The Knot Complete Guide to Weddings... Rating: 4